Sinclair Laird School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinclair Laird School

Grade 6 Only

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giver Debate: Red Team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Safford
Teacher
Teacher

Giver Debate: Red Team Empty
PostSubject: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Topic Number 3: Death Penalty
A death penalty debate grows in Mexico. Murders linked to organized crime have doubled since 2007. And kidnappings for ransom happen almost every day. Canada stopped using the death penalty since 1962.
1) Is death penalty a wrong form of punishment? Yes or No and why?
2) If you think death penalty is not wrong, when specifically should it be used?
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty

Last edited by Mr. Safford on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rifath
Chatbox Mod
Chatbox Mod

PostSubject: Death penalty 3   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 am

1)No,because if they commit a serious crime like killing or kidnapping,then the family would be worried or become depressed,or even commit suicide for those that they love because they sometime think that when there is no point of living without their love.

2)Death Penalty should only be used when a serious crime is commit like, kidnapping, or killing, or even raping. You should pay back a crime by paying with your life for those you have tortured and hurt.
Back to top Go down
alan
Mod
Mod
alan

PostSubject: death penalty   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:31 am

NO,because killing someone for just being twins or breaking a rule just makes no sense.why would some one do that anyway.there are better punishments for doing something.but the thing i don't get is killing someone for just being twins.but deciding which one to kill by weight!!! thats just crazy. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mary
Young Poster
Young Poster

PostSubject: Death Penalty   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:34 am

1) Death pentalty isnt right because if you just commit a serious or small crime, there's always some good in someone. Just because you did this serious crime doesnt mean that you're always going to be bad and you can repent for those things that you have done wrong. They say what goes around comes around and that is called bad karma. Karma can be turned around by creating a new karma that will repent on your sins. You can create new karma by doing thins from the goodness of your heart. I believe that even a person that was born bad could become a good person from the goodness of their heart.
Back to top Go down
alan
Mod
Mod
alan

PostSubject: death penalty   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm

death as a punishment is wrong. even if someone committed a crime. you have no right to kill someone for doing a crime. even for doing a serious crime like going on a killing spree. you still have no right to punish them like that. just use a normal punishment like put them in jail for the rest of their life. kidnapping, killing, thieving, raping, fake name, taking drugs,illegal gambling, anything, its just not right to put someone to death for doing something. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rifath
Chatbox Mod
Chatbox Mod

PostSubject: Re: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:35 pm

alan
look if u kill someone then u deserve to die too.
a life for your life
its not wrong just dont do it if u dont wanna die
Back to top Go down
alan
Mod
Mod
alan

PostSubject: Re: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:16 am

i still say its wrong to kill someone for doing a crime.NO ONE should be killed for doing a crime
Back to top Go down
Rifath
Chatbox Mod
Chatbox Mod

PostSubject: Re: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:29 am

yes u should, just dont do it if u know ur going to die
Back to top Go down
alan
Mod
Mod
alan

PostSubject: Re: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:39 am

but seriosly it is wrong to kill someone for crime
Back to top Go down
Rifath
Chatbox Mod
Chatbox Mod

PostSubject: Re: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:52 pm

no it is not
Back to top Go down
alan
Mod
Mod
alan

PostSubject: man it stinks   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:14 pm

too bad mr safford is not here so we can continue
Back to top Go down
alan
Mod
Mod
alan

PostSubject: it is still wrong.   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:52 pm

rifath death for a punishment is still wrong
Back to top Go down
Rifath
Chatbox Mod
Chatbox Mod

PostSubject: Re: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 6:28 am

no it is not dude if u had a brain u would understand >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giver Debate: Red Team   Giver Debate: Red Team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giver Debate: Red Team
Page 1 of 1